Don't you just love how extremely "creative" the names of blogs are so far! (Anyone wanna guess the name of the next blog? *heee*)
Hey, we're already on holidays! - which for us means when we have NO CARERS for quite a few days in a row! We love the help from our current three ladies, but boy oh boy it's fabbo for it just to be 'us' for a number of days! Karen, our lovely carer who helps keep us alive and going, turns 50 tomorrow, so yesterday we celebrated with her during care time. She drove us to our most favourite local park, and here are some pics of our outing. Oh, hang about, before I do, I think I promised a pic of me and Gertie (aka Gertruda and also Gertrude!)
I've explained how having bad Chronic Fatigue Syndrome takes virtually all your energy and oomph away. So I can work for hours at the PC ONLY cos I'm in Gertie - and my legs, body, head, arms, and wrists are all supported and AT REST. Only my fingers do any work, and for some reason (probly God, hey!!) they can manage regular typing of emails, messages, and so on! So what you're seeing above is how I spend over half of my life - SO WONDERFUL, cos I just ADORE serving the Lord and serving others!!
Now where was I? Oh, our outing.
Here we go, in the park, with me pointing out the Birthday Girl!
Okay, I guess lets' do the whole family - my Love with K, as we call her, cos she's basically 'family'.
And finally, me in my 'outside' wheelchair, cuddling up! *mmm!!!*
I expect the next blog to be very, very different indeed - if what I have in mind is what Jesus wants. If you've been with me for any period of time, you know the drill by now: He seldom tells me beforehand what He wants me to do - which is absolutely fine and how it should be: 'living one day at a time by faith' and walking with the Spirit and led by Him.
What I'm expecting is to do a message in Reaching Higher about practical ways of diminishing our worldliness (which is KILLING our Christian walk), and then come here to tell you how we've done this. Feel a bit 'embarrassed' about doing that, but if it helps even one person, it will be worth it. "Over to you, Lord!"
Love and peace, everyone!
- BM
EDIT: Do click on Comments below (and even leave one!) cos they can often be as interesting as the actual Blog!!
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing! Awesome! Looking forward to Blog 3.. lol! love ya both bunches!
ReplyDeleteRobin
Thanks, you lovely friend you!
ReplyDeleteLove you bunches and bunches too!
Great!!! Thank you for sharing this blog with me!!! Beautiful pictures! I am certainly looking forward to the Third Blog :)
ReplyDeleteMuch love to you both :)
Tania
Oh, you are so welcome! I'm so abundantly blessed to have such loving people as you and others in my life!
ReplyDeletePraying for you and your wonderful family!
- BM
I just got to say when I see you sitting in Gertie and going strong for the Lord, it just amazes me...
ReplyDeleteHehe, me n Gertie got a good thing goin!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I HAVE to be working for Him. That's just me and where I am these days. Doesn't matter where, why or how, so long as it's SERVING and PLEASING Him`
So even with the hard times it sometimes brings, it's really all a truly FABBO blessing to me!!
Your right, the red text in the blue box does not work.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to see you out and about!! Love your 'ride'! hee! Your lady is so pretty. Good to see pictures of you two outside, enjoying the sunshine. What a wonderful carer you have there.
I have a blog, too! But its about firefighting. If your interested, I'll send you the link. If not, its ok. Different tastes, huh?
Love your blog!
I wonder what HCVFD is, but reckon FD must be Fire Department!
ReplyDeleteAppreciated your comments, hon! Thanks!
Our 'Black Saturday' people who got burnt our or lost loved ones are still trying to pick up their shattered lives. It's heart-breaking - I know how well you'd relate!
Blessngs!
Yes, HCVFD is Howard County Volunteer Fire Department. I have a blog with this site and I am following yours through it. That's why it comes up like that. Sorry for any confusion!
ReplyDeleteYes, it is heartbreaking. Dont hear much about the recovery, though.
We see a little about how the recovery is going (slowly in many cases), but we don't get told much cos that's not really "News" is it?
ReplyDelete