April 5, 2009

First Blog! Welcome...

G'day everyone!

Man, things have gotten rough around here again. Started when I was "silly" enough to take on all the work of setting up Reaching Higher! No, I'm NOT sorry one bit for that, (there's still more for us to do!!), but did my computer HAVE to decide that right now is the time for it to get into a mess. I can still use it, but it plays up badly at times: one program I ran reckoned it had over 1,000 errors, and I don't doubt that for a moment!

I've enjoyed AND endured computers now for the past 27 years. Love em or hate em, hey! Used em to run a couple of businesses from home after I was retired out of the workforce cos of ill-health at 40. Later ran a small Computer Business also from home, until out health got worse and we had to stop. We had our own Christian Websites (2) in the early days of the Net starting - wrote all my own code for it, and we created all our own graphics too (nothing much good on the Net back then)!


And over the past 10 years or more of using Microsoft Windows (feels like 50!) we've proven that if you want to use your computer seriously and 'hard' like I do, AND use quite a number of programs to get the best out of it - THEN YOU'LL END UP PAYING A HIGH PRICE!! And we've paid it over and over again!

Now or soon, I'm gonna have to take on the mammoth task of sorting out the mess, and I'm sure not looking forward to THAT! It will take time away from here, and so I have had to PUT FORWARD my plans for writing how to become a seriously real Christian! My sincere apologies for that, but I don't think it's likely to be possible for the moment. Meantime, I'm ALREADY putting some good bits towards this in RH messages - for you to start chewing on and digesting!


And hey, no point sending an email to Microsoft about their dreafdul programs causing all this (quite unnecessary) fuss, cos I don't reckon they even KNOW how terrible their Windows-type programs are!! And they'd take no notice anyway!!

We're using XP Pro still, cos it is the best around. Vista was a disaster, and MS know it! But how did they manage to produce such a bummer!! And even charge money for it! Now they're hurriedly trying to get the next one to market. Trouble is, it will be just cobbled together like all their recent ones.

No, I lie. The first Windows I ever tried was Windows 3.0. IT WAS UNBELIEVABLE!! - unbelievably BAD that is. I also used to write 2 computer columns for a local mag back then (yup, I guess you could say that I am into computers), and I panned it unmercifully. So really, NOTHING'S CHANGED!!

The job I have to do on this PC I already did last year, or maybe it was 2007. That was when I had to "get inside" of XP Pro - AND there discovered what a hotch-potch it is! NO WONDER even the Tech guys can't fix your computer. Windows is so complex (and messy) that no one can understand it any more.

OH, AM I DEPRESSING YOU HERE? Sorry, just sounding off!!! Sure'nuff, I love what computers can do, but hate how terrible they are for going bung - usually at the worst possible time.


See, I couldn't have written the TRUTH about my computer on CFS, right! But here it's MY BLOG, and I can say what I like!!! In return, if you love Microsoft and their programs you can write a Comment back and tell me off for all the things I have wrong!! hehehe

Have I shown you a pic of me in Gertruda here are the PC? Probly not. I'll put it in next time if I remember. NEW BLOGS I'll always notify you of in the IR. You'll maybe also get a personal email addy here so you can email me if you want. And more...

See ya!

- BM & Gertie

2 comments:

  1. Hey Bondman,
    Great blog! You sure are one busy guy! Keep up the great work in spreading the love of the Lord!
    Hugs
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe - busy, busy, busy (helps keep me AWAKE y'know!)

    I reckon He's worth it!!

    ReplyDelete